Touch Here To Claim Your Consultation:(856) 429-2323


How to Challenge Prior Convictions

How to Challenge Prior ConvictionsWhen a prior DWI / DUI conviction exists, the length of a drivers license suspension, period of incarceration, and amount of a fine will all be increased if convicted of another DWI / DUI. If a prior conviction occurred outside of a ten-year step-down period, your current charge may be treated in a less severe manner. A copy of your driving history or criminal history of DWI / DUI convictions can be obtained in order to determine which penalties you may be facing and whether you are entitled to a step-down of those penalties.

Additionally, prior DWI / DUI convictions are often challenged by obtaining discovery from those closed cases and by filing a petition for post-conviction relief. A Depending on the relief requested in the petition, you may be entitled to a new trial or the reduction of potential jail time in your new case if convicted.

By Kevin Leckerman

Attorney Kevin Lekerman
Get your questions answered – call me for your initial 20 min phone consultation (856) 429-2323
Leckerman Law Provides DWI & DUI defense to all of New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania