Any person convicted of DWI, Refusal to Submit Breath Samples, or Underage DWI must participate in a program at an Intoxicated Driving Resource Center (IDRC):
- An IDRC is located in each county in New Jersey for first and third-time offenders. There are three regional centers for second-time offenders.
- During the program, Alcohol and Highway Safety Education courses are taught.
- Each participant is evaluated for an alcohol or drug problem.
- If treatment is needed, IDRC refers the participant to a 16-week minimum treatment program.
- IDRC monitors compliance with the treatment programs and reports noncompliance to the courts and Motor Vehicle Commission.
Failure to comply with the IDRC will result in an additional license suspension period and possible jail time.
IDRC fees and other related charges may apply:
|$100 attendance fee||MVC|
|$230 first offender fee||IDRC|
|$280 second offender fee||IDRC|
|$100 License restoration fee||MVC|
The NJ Department of Human Services, Division of Addiction Services, Intoxicated Driving Program coordinates the operation of the following centers:
|Cumberland & Salem||856-794-1011|
|Salem & Cumberland||856-794-1011|
|North Region||Passaic County|
|Central Region||Monmouth County
|South Region||Atlantic County|